Why are male cats more affectionate
Cat or hangover: differences in character and behavior
The decision whether or not to prefer a cat or a hangover takes in is a very individual one. But especially in a multi-cat household, gender can be decisive for a harmonious coexistence.
Differences in uncastrated animals
Differences in behavior between cats and tomcat are most evident in uncastrated animals:
Typical tomcat (not neutered):
- Tendency to stray to look for queens in heat
- Territory marking with intensely smelling urine
- often aggressive towards other males
Typical cat (not neutered):
- raise kittens in the female association
- cooperate in defense and feed procurement
Behavior after castration
The Castration of a cat or tomcat also changes the behavior of the animal. In most cases this is very desirable by the owner. Urinary marking becomes less frequent, wandering around and fighting is reduced - neutered cats, whether male or female, become more social and peaceful through neutering. Nevertheless, the animals remain male or female with their gender-specific peculiarities.
Does gender influence the relationship with people?
Whether the sex of the cat has an influence on the relationship with humans has not yet been proven by studies. However, numerous surveys of cat owners show certain tendencies.
Hangover and human
Hangovers are said to be much more robust, but more distant to humans. They are also considered to be more robust in social play with people and can withstand more accidental roughness, such as from children. In addition, hangovers are often easier to motivate with food - but they also tend to become overweight more quickly.
Cat and human
Kittens are less aggressive, but a bit bitchy and headstrong. It is in their nature to feed the kittens. Therefore, they see hunting as a life's work and are often particularly gifted hunters - which is also evident in playing with humans.
Important factors for a harmonious coexistence
Much more important than gender in coexistence with humans, however, is mutual Affection and sympathy. Many other factors also play an important role in the cat's personality. The two most important are:
- Genetic requirements of the cat:
Genetics determine whether the cat is more fearful or confident, open, friendly and tolerant, or distant and less tolerant of contact. The kitten's personality seems to have a big impact on the kittens. In the first few weeks, the female is the role model of the kittens and can teach them fearful or self-confident behavior.
- Socialization on humans:
Only through good experiences with humans (at the latest from the second week of life) does a cat learn that humans can be good friends and life partners.
Does the gender distribution play a role in a multi-cat household?
Experience has shown that same-sex cat groups generally harmonize better. But here, too, there are exceptions, as numerous harmonious pairs of tom and cat prove. If you want to take in two or more cats, it is advisable to choose siblings from the same litter. There is often a particularly close connection between them.
- Should private engineering schools be closed
- What were Genghis Khan's ten greatest successes
- How did European imperialism begin
- What should I do with 1k
- Which is the best college advisor
- Is a field hockey field too long
- What is the global timing of the commodity market
- What is a hard drive operating system
- Who is Pierre Trudeau
- What kind of people follow Michaeli's mouse
- Which always comforts you, no matter what
- What is the relationship between age and recession
- Is 1 3 + 1 100 rational
- Is UNSW good for business administration
- What's so good about SCR technology
- What is an ideal body
- What's wrong with Kashmiri girls
- Why does multiculturalism always lead to war
- What is the smallest baby name
- Could Monet really see ultraviolet light?
- Does the AAP influence Delhi
- How much cash is too much
- Has the US ever invaded another country?
- What colors do you hate
- How to use FindViewById in Android
- Are dummy variables independent variables
- Why did Infowars apologize for Pizzagate
- Who are martyrs in the Bible
- American society is bad company
- Is Lua a good language to learn
- What do Indonesians think of Polynesia?
- What is India's position on POK
- Think of Cursed Child as canon