How can I separate hydrocodone from paracetamol
also referred to as:
Antitussives; Cough suppressants; cough suppressants
The following active ingredients are assigned to the active ingredient group "cough suppressants"
Areas of application for this group of active ingredients
Cough suppressants relieve excessive coughing. It is not only important to dampen your cough for a good night's sleep. A strong cough can lead to pain in the chest or throat, fainting, shortness of breath, cardiac arrhythmias, headaches, broken ribs or temporary urinary incontinence.
Cough suppressants are often used for dry (mucus-free) irritable coughs, a typical symptom of colds. But there are also diseases that are permanently accompanied by a dry cough. These conditions include bronchial asthma or cancers of the lungs.
Cough suppressants can make it difficult to identify conditions such as asthma or lung cancer because they suppress the warning symptom of coughing. Therefore, cough suppressants should never be taken uncritically over a long period of time. As a rule of thumb: Any cough lasting more than 14 days requires a medical examination.
This is how cough suppressants workCough suppressants can work in different places:
- in the cough center of the brain
- on the mucous membrane of the bronchi and lungs
- on the intermediate nerve tracts (between the cough center and the lungs).
The active ingredients noscapine and dextromethorphan are also centrally effective cough suppressants. However, taking them does not cause addiction. Therefore, these active ingredients are available without a prescription.
Active ingredients such as dropropizine unfold their effect directly on the mucous membranes of the lungs and bronchi. Herbal active ingredients such as Icelandic dry moss extract can also be assigned to this group. They relieve the cough by putting a protective film over the mucous membranes.
The active ingredient pentoxyverine dampens coughs both via the cough center (central effect) and directly in the lungs.
Benproperin works on the intermediate nerve tracts. In contrast to the centrally acting cough suppressants, this active ingredient stimulates breathing. Therefore, it can also be used with disturbed breathing such as in asthma.
The selection of the suitable cough suppressant should always be based on concomitant diseases first. In many diseases such as asthma, for example, the ingestion of active ingredients that dampen the cough center is not allowed. Regardless of this, herbal active ingredients should always be preferred due to their tolerability. However, their potency is limited. If a quicker and more reliable cough suppressant effect is important, active ingredients such as benproperine and pentoxyverine are recommended. The strongest effects of all cough suppressants have the prescription drugs that suppress the cough center.
- When the US Visa Lottery opens for 2018
- Believe in worshiping celebrities
- Can someone learn Java without knowing C ++
- What does your church look like
- How did Kannur get his name?
- What was your worst elevator experience
- What are the dirtiest rooms in IIT hostels
- Why should I never visit Wales
- Is hair coloring safe for nursing mothers?
- Is IndiGo Airlines too big to collapse
- Did someone die in quicksand?
- Who wrote the teaching
- Which stones are worth money
- What are some dangerous psychological tricks
- What does a seed contain?
- How to say not in Romanian
- When was the German Reich founded?
- Why are Americans becoming less happy?
- Are black rappers better than white rappers
- Flights can depart early
- Like many brothers, PM has modes
- Which states counted as confederate states?
- The Democrats have a white problem
- Like Air India Airlines internationally
- Which toys start with the letter C.
- Why don't we need friendship
- Embassy cars enjoy diplomatic immunity
- Where is the best steak in Melbourne
- What do truckers do to be safe?
- What is the fate of Judaism
- Scientology is the best religion
- How did Hitler see Indians
- What is human trafficking
- How much do ferrets poop per day