Are war veterans in the US overpaid
Two strong veterans at the same time
The Arizona Cardinals have made two commitments, which should mean at least experienced depth or a significant upgrade: On the one hand, free agent wide receiver AJ Green, who previously played only in Cincinnati, and on the other hand, they traded with the Las Vegas Raiders for Center Rodney Hudson.
The "bigger name" is certainly 32-year-old wide receiver AJ Green, whom the Cincinnati Bengals drafted with the fourth pick of the first round after his time at college with the Georgia Bulldogs in 2011. It immediately lived up to this status in the otherwise manageably successful franchise: five years in a row it passed the magical 1,000 yard mark, although it managed this in just 13 games in 2014. Even with just ten games, he was only 36 yards short in 2016, and the following year it worked again in 16 games.
After another injury-ridden season in 2018 (nine games with 694 yards and six touchdowns) and a complete failure in 2019, he ran out last year (with the franchise tag), but statistically the first year with quarterback Joe Burrow was also the worst of his career so far ( only a good 32 yards per game and two touchdowns in 16 games).
In total, AJ Green was sent to the Pro Bowl seven times in a row and three times he was elected to the Second All-Pro team.
The Bengals' interest in an extension was therefore only lukewarm. The Cardinals are now getting an experienced wide receiver who wants to prove that he is not yet on the committee and who, at 6 million for a year, is certainly not overpaid. He can play on the other side of the undisputed No. 1 DeAndre Hopkins and Christian Kirk mans the slot. Nevertheless, the obligation of another (young) wide receiver is anything but impossible.
Now it is questionable to what extent Larry Fitzgerald is still needed; he is currently still a free agent.
In addition to AJ Green, center Rodney Hudson came from Las Vegas; here a dismissal was initially reported, but then it came to the trade: The Raiders send the three-time Pro Bowl Center (2016/17/19) plus a seven-round pick to Arizona; from there a third round pick is sent to Las Vegas.
Hudson was drafted after college (Florida State Seminoles) also in 2011, but by the Kansas City Chiefs in the second round. There he played his rookie contract until 2014; in the Free Agency in 2015 he signed a five-year contract with the Oakland Raiders, which he extended for three more years in 2019 and made him (temporarily) the highest-paid center in the league.
He completed 51 games with the Chiefs (with 35 starts) and started all 92 games in six years with the Raiders. His contract brings him around ten million dollars in each of the remaining two years.
An absolutely good contract for the compensation; so you can easily cope with the fact that you missed out in the race for Center Corey Linsley (which is guaranteed to receive 26 million for the first two years in Los Angeles).
Ultimately, two moves that should advance the Cardinals despite the advanced age of the two players and still give them enough leeway to upgrade selectively in the draft. You also have a first (# 16) and second round pick (# 49), as well as a fifth and seventh round pick. A manageable draft class, if there are not more picks, but there are currently not that many construction sites left.
Carsten Keller - March 17th, 2021
At the Cardinals, AJ Green should again succeed in more spectacular catches than last time at the Bengals (© Getty Images)
Readers' rating of this post:
- Is Romania important in history
- Biologically speaking, what are ethnic characteristics
- What is the archaic definition of yeet
- Which one has more viewers on CNN or CNBC
- Why do Americans love burgers so much
- Are cancers caused by unknown parasites
- What does dividend distribution mean
- Are there men like Rahul Dravid
- Why are you communist
- Are Trump supporters irrational blind blind angry
- How did communism and Putin change Russia?
- What constitutes good online journalism and why
- Are Adderall and Speed the same thing?
- Are liberals and left the same thing?
- How do you deport someone
- When did Ebay sellers stop cheating?
- How can you think less before you speak?
- Are you good at drawing people
- Why did some libertarians vote for Trump?
- What are two islands in Canada
- What does camp mean
- How can India become a manufacturing center?
- Which motivational speakers can actually help me
- How do I optimize a hotel website
- Patriotism can be extreme or exaggerated
- How much was your first paycheck online
- What is the future of investing in Uganda
- Which stocks pay annual dividends?
- Why does TCP IP have four layers
- What are equal and reactive students
- What was the battle of the First World War
- What is the significance of physico-chemical tests