Men can wear women's jackets
The best babywearing jackets for men
The baby is to be carried not a purely women's business. Carrying is a wonderful way of getting to know your own baby, especially for men. Some even refer to wearing it as "breastfeeding for men". A suitable babywearing jacket can also serve men well if they want to protect their offspring from wind and weather in winter or on cold days.
Reason enough for us to have the best Babywearing jacket for daddies under the microscope!
What is different about a babywearing jacket for men?
Basically, a babywearing jacket that is recommended for men must serve the same purpose as a babywearing jacket for women, i.e. it should
- protect against moisture, wind and cold,
- fit exactly and not narrow anywhere,
- be fashionably appealing.
While the functions are not very different from those of a babywearing jacket for women, the cut and color choice of a babywearing jacket for men are different. As a rule, men are taller, wider and wear different cuts than women. When it comes to the choice of color and pattern, the taste of men is usually more neutral.
The babywearing jacket for men, for example, is not tailored and should be much less tight than for women.
Many men agree Carrying parka, i.e. a longer, often lined coat with a hood, better than a short winter jacket or you simply prefer to wear it. A carry parka also has the advantage that it also covers the entire child, including feet, when your baby has become a toddler. And at this age, men wear more often than their women because their muscles are better developed and they want to take some of the strain off their women.
Even with babywearing jackets for men, you should make sure that a carrying insert can also be attached to the back. Because older children are usually carried on the back. It is less difficult and you can see more than in front of your body. And it is precisely in this phase of life, as I said, that men often prefer to carry them on the go - after all, the toddlers then weigh a few pounds.
Most men prefer black, dark blue, beige, khaki or another neutral color. A man with a baby boy and baby jacket is already noticeable enough in everyday life.
Viva La Mama babywearing jacket for men: Explorer Plus
We have also chosen inconspicuous colors for our baby carrier: The man was able to test the Explorer Plus babywearing jacket from Viva La Mama in black and navy (dark blue).
The Explorer Plus can be carried on the back or on the front. The carrying insert can be adjusted to the required width at the top of the collar, which I find very important. The width of the baby hood can also be adjusted. In this way, the insert always fits the baby exactly and it does not pull in at the top.
The hood for dad can also be rolled up when you carry it on the back, as you can see in the next picture. I find carrying the back incomparably practical because you have the area in front of you free, for example for your big brother, and you can bend down from time to time.
For some reason, few men’s babywearing jackets offer the option of back carrying them as well. As if men couldn't use a little more arm room.
Our baby is now about 75 cm tall. With most carriers with a spread-squat position, it still fits easily under the jacket. With Baby Björn, however, which my husband prefers to use, in combination with his long upper body sometimes the baby feet are already sticking out from below.
Overall, however, the Viva La Mama babywearing jacket for men does what it promises. Because such a big baby in combination with such a big man and a Baby Björn carrier is more of an exception. For all other dad-baby combinations, I can recommend the Explorer Plus babywearing jacket without any restrictions. My husband too, by the way.
You can go directly to the Viva la Mama shop here. With my discount code TJ baby you even get a 5% discount there!
Other recommended carrying jackets for men, men, dads
- excellent manufacturing quality and tested fabrics - lightly lined - ideal for cool months. Made of 3-layer softshell material, waterproof - 10,000 mm / m2 / 24h, breathable - 3,000 g / m2 / 24h
- 2in1 carrying jacket and normal jacket. Perfect protection against wind and moisture - waterproof (because of the seams - additional weather protection is recommended in very heavy rain)
- with continuous zippers and 2 practical side pockets
- Additional carrying insert with hood for your baby - ideal as a carrying jacket / daddies who like to carry their baby in a sling / front carrier
- The babywearing jacket gives the dad a wearing comfort and the baby the warmth and security
- Carrying jacket for men and normal outdoor jacket in 1! This multifunctional softshell jacket guarantees wearing fun for the modern dad!
- Ideally suited for cold, wet weather. The softshell offers you optimal protection against cold, wind and rain. In winter, just put one more layer underneath.
- Simply zip in the included carrying insert to carry a baby. It is also suitable for newborns as well as for carrying children up to 2.5 years of age. Please use a separate baby carrier / sling!
- Adjustable hood with wind protection in the neck for the baby, large hood for dad. Practical pockets with zippers, long sleeves with fixed cuffs. Stylish piping in the chest and back area.
- Our sporty paparage jacket can also be worn as a normal outdoor jacket. Viva la Mama men's babywearing jackets are lovingly designed in DE and hand-sewn in the EU. High quality.
- Practical and cool babywearing jacket for men with 2 functions: for carrying the baby and as a normal leisure jacket afterwards!
- 2-way zip, 2 hoods for dad and baby, extra long cuffs.
- For carrying children up to 2 years of age (depending on the size of the child).
- Practical, stylish and cozy for dad and baby!
- Soft, cozy cotton sweat material, certified according to Oeko Tex 100 PK 1. High quality workmanship and hand-sewn in the EU with a lot of love.
- The jacket is suitable for children up to approx. 1.5 years / ~ 12 kg (depending on the size of the child).
- The sweat jacket has a baby insert, but does NOT replace baby carriers, baby slings and other carrying systems! BABY CARRYING AID is required!
- The year-round carrying jacket has 2 functions: carrying jacket and normal leisure jacket. The carrier has a comfortable carry insert with a zipper and an extra large head opening for your baby.
- Soft, cozy cotton sweat material. Care instructions: machine wash.
- High quality. Made with love in the EU. ✅ With a 30-day money-back guarantee ✅
Men's babywearing jacket as a gift
Men are often far less enthusiastic about (online) shopping than women. A babywearing jacket for men may be a good gift idea if they cannot make up their minds to buy or make a decision.
When making your selection, it is best to consider what type of jacket he is currently wearing and get a carrier jacket in a similar style. Some men may be more enthusiastic about softshell outdoor jackets, while others feel more comfortable in a stylish coat.
Remember on Pinterest:
- What is the opinion of Italians on Romanians
- What are the basic rules of accounting
- How can we stop Christian terrorism
- Are war veterans in the US overpaid
- How did your group of friends fall apart
- How do animals help each other?
- What is the importance of urban sociology
- Why do people use google
- Is Amity too expensive to afford
- Hinduism was democracy
- What is curl in Linux
- How does the government deal with poverty
- Who plans ICC cricket tournaments
- Why were there no synagogues in Philippi?
- How does extreme poverty affect the economy?
- What are the habits of energetic people
- Pakistan is for China
- What is John Cena known for?
- Which car is the fastest 2
- What is the modern meaning of politics
- Why did Bellatrix bite Hermione
- Why is India lacking personal freedom?
- How much cash is too much
- What are the Italian influences in America