About the economy of Pakistan
Pakistan's population is expected to increase by 40 million people over the next 15 years. The country's economy has to grow by seven percent annually so that it can create jobs for more and more young people. There are also significant energy shortages in Pakistan. Because of its geographic location, the country is particularly vulnerable to natural disasters and climate change. A large part of the population has only limited access to state services, poor people, minorities, women and children are particularly hard hit. In remote regions, especially along the border with Afghanistan, Pakistan can only carry out basic state tasks with difficulty due to a lack of administrative infrastructure.
Worldwide, Pakistan is the country that has taken in the most refugees from neighboring Afghanistan: 1.4 million people are officially registered. It is estimated that around one million Afghans are still living unofficially in Pakistan.
GIZ is active in Pakistan on behalf of the Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ). The priority of the work lies in the areas:
- Vocational training and further education as well as social standards on the labor market
- Good governance and decentralization
- Energy and climate
GIZ supports several thousand trainees and institutions in the field of vocational education and training to meet the requirements of the labor market. It works with the social and health insurance authorities to ensure that as many people as possible can be offered social security. The textile industry is an employer for many people. Here GIZ is helping the Pakistani government to ensure that occupational safety and environmental protection standards are adhered to.
GIZ advises Pakistan on how to make administrative processes efficient, transparent and citizen-friendly and, for example, promotes decentralization and local administrative facilities. This includes both state and civil society measures to enable more people to attend primary school along the borders with Afghanistan and to improve medical care.
GIZ supports renewable energies and energy efficiency measures by promoting both financing options and technical implementation.
On behalf of the Federal Foreign Office (AA), GIZ is helping Pakistan to improve refugee management.
- How much do cardiac surgeons earn annually
- Which states teach Christianity in schools
- Which are upcoming Bollywood films
- How do I redeem Qatar Airways miles
- What's Your Top 10 Financial Advice
- What is the long form of FT
- What should immigrants do to help Saskatchewan
- United Airlines Economy Plus is worth it
- Who can apply for a birth certificate
- Who chose the name Pakistan
- What is RIN mutiny
- Why does everything offend everything today
- What screams I'm a leftist
- Can China challenge America militarily?
- What are HTML symbols
- How long will Narendra Modi survive
- How expensive is Ghansoli Navi Mumbai
- What is a corporate VC
- Who is the CISF
- What are some facts about television
- Should NOTA be set
- What is considered a career killer
- Is absinthe illegal in India 1
- What is Amazon's bestselling product