Is the iPhone X the best iPhone
iPhone X review: why I prefer the older Apple smartphone
Time for something new: After my old iPhone 6s became increasingly unreliable after almost three years, a new device was urgently needed. It was clear that it should be an iPhone again. And if possible with a compact display. Why I chose the iPhone X - and I haven't regretted it.
The decision had been made for a long time: New year, new smartphone! The iPhone 6s has served me faithfully since the beginning of 2017. But almost three years later, the familiar battery problems had become too acute.
Sometimes the 6s simply switched itself off, even though the battery indicator showed 20 percent or more remaining energy. With the result that I no longer dared to leave the apartment without a power bank. At some point my loyalty was exhausted. Shortly before Christmas, the decision was made: I will part with the iPhone 6s.
Why I chose the iPhone X
Basically, I'm not a person who always needs the latest smartphones. That's why I like to use tried and tested models that have been on the market for a while. Since I've been swearing by Apple devices and iOS since a brief excursion into the Android world - it was an insignificant liaison with the Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini - it should be an iPhone again. And since I am shy of smartphones that are too big, unwieldy, relatively compact display dimensions were also important to me. The 4.7 inch version of my old 6s should only be moderately exceeded.
After careful consideration, my choice fell on the iPhone X: The display in particular convinced me to pick up Apple's anniversary smartphone, which came onto the market at the end of 2017 with numerous advance praise.
Why the iPhone X and not the iPhone 11
The final selection was the iPhone X and the iPhone 11. There are some differences, especially with regard to the display quality: The iPhone 11 is slightly larger at 6.1 inches (for comparison: the iPhone X measures 5.8 inches) , but the resolution of the Retina HD display of 1,792 x 828 pixels is significantly weaker than that of the Super Retina HD panel of the iPhone X (2,436 x 1,125 pixels).
This means that the quality of both phones is high, but the iPhone X displays all of the content in an even more intense and contrasting manner. This and the more compact dimensions ultimately tipped the scales in favor of the older iPhone X.
+ o2 Free M 20 GB
- Aerospace grade aluminum(iPhone in new design)
- Super Retina XDR OLED display(13.7 cm, 1,170 x 2,532 pixels at 460 ppi)
- 20 GB LTE data volume (with up to 225 Mbit / s)
iPhone X review: Face ID and good battery performance
After a good two weeks in use, the first assessment of the iPhone X is more than positive: I no longer miss the missing home button after a few hours. The almost borderless look, which is only interrupted by the “notch”, a camera and sensor bar for Face ID face recognition, convinced me straight away.
Speaking of face recognition: This has worked flawlessly so far - for me it represents a big step forward compared to Touch ID, which often did not run smoothly on the iPhone 6s.
Compared to the old iPhone 6s, I am impressed by the battery life of the iPhone X: The iPhone X has a battery with 2,716 mAh, a little more than the iPhone 8 Plus. However: According to Apple, the runtime should be around an hour behind that of the iPhone 8 Plus. One reason for this is OLED technology, which consumes more energy, especially when the background is white, i.e. especially when surfing.
Especially the screen convinces me
The OLED screen can also convince me: Above all, it delivers razor-sharp contrasts - but also higher brightness, energy efficiency and impressive colors. Definitely the best display I've ever had on a smartphone.
I was also enthusiastic about the dual camera of the iPhone X, which consists of a wide-angle and a telesensor. With its 12 megapixels, it snaps pictures that are absolutely sufficient for my purposes, and the 7 megapixel front camera also ensures chic selfies.
I was able to test the camera extensively on a ski tour in the Bavarian Prealps - the results are impressive, I think:
What's Coming After the iPhone X?
Even if I have only been able to call the iPhone X my own for a few weeks, the question naturally arises as to which Apple device will come next.
Apple is said to be bringing four new top smartphones onto the market this year, including the iPhone 12 Pro and the iPhone 12 Pro Max. The duo is said to offer 50 percent more performance than the other two models and the iPhone 11 (Pro). This increase in performance seems promising to me - wait and see whether I will be loyal to my current companion for a few more years or whether I will reach for the iPhone 12.
iPhone X: The most important specs at a glance
- Display: 5.8 inches, Super Retina HD panel, 2,436 x 1,125 pixels
- Processor: A11 Bionic
- Storage capacity: 64 GB RAM, 256 GB internal storage
- Camera: Dual camera: 2 x 12 megapixels 8 (wide-angle and telephoto), front camera: 7 megapixels
- China is now leading globalization
- Is kaveri a Kannada word
- May Americans like their government
- Is lemon juice soluble in oil
- What is the state religion of Pakistan
- Why should someone get divorced
- What is the difference between Bigfoot Yeti and Sasquatch
- How are TV channels created and operated
- May the British like the Portuguese
- How do rappers make money
- What are the similarities between the Caribbean
- Is the world really a world?
- What Makes You Use Quora
- What are some reviews of Capri cigarettes
- A teenager has constitutional rights
- What are some crash diet diagrams
- What do libertarians think of monarchies?
- What are some good environmental slogans
- What is the pronunciation of Shiraz wine
- What is the biggest word in Malayalam
- Why is Panera Bread so expensive
- How does a TV business work
- Why do Indians have no respect for time?
- How many pages make 5000 words
- When did the Bengali language arise?
- What is my ideology
- Which locomotives are better electric or diesel
- Who won the 2019 German Grand Prix?
- Is RIL an employee-unfriendly company
- What is the best definition of culture
- What does Lex Luthor think of Batman
- How have glasses affected your life?
- Are all racist republicans 1