What is the main belief in Hinduism
Religions in India
The Hindus make up the majority of the population in India with over 80%. The second largest religious group are Muslims with 13.4% of the population, followed by the Christian community with 2.3%. Sikhism is assigned around 1.9%, Buddhism 0.8% and Jainism 0.4%. A large number of regionally very different forms of religion are grouped under “Other” and make up around 0.6% of the population.
Hinduism in India
Experience the most important pilgrimage site for Hindus: Varanasi!
Capture the most beautiful motifs of India with the camera - combine a photo course and vacation!
Islam in India
Islam did not come to India until the conquest in the 12th century. The majority of Muslims are of the Sunni faith, but there are also more than 20 million Shiites in India. This means that the country has the second largest number of Shiites after Iran and the third largest Muslim population in the world.
Christianity in India
First missionaries and later the European colonial rulers brought Christianity to India. The Christian community makes up only a very small proportion of the population in India today and can still be found mainly in the coastal regions of Goa and Kerala, as well as in the large metropolises.
Sikhism in India
Sikhism is particularly widespread in the north-western regions of India, in the Punjab. Although his followers make up only a small part of the population, Sikhs enjoy a very high reputation in politics and society. This is mainly due to their military successes and political influence. For example, the Prime Minister of India (until 2014), Manmohan Singh, belonged to Sikhism.
Experience the holiest place of the Sikhs at the Golden Temple ...
Buddhism in India
Like Hinduism and Sikhism, Buddhism originated in India. For a long time there were only a few small groups in the Himalayan region, in Ladakh, Sikkim and Arunchal Pradesh. Then there is the Tibetan exile community, with its headquarters in Dharamsala. For several decades now, Buddhism has enjoyed increasing numbers of followers across India. Buddhism is particularly popular in the state of Maharashtra.
Monastery tour and Buddhist flair in beautiful North India ..
Jainism in India
Most recently, Jainism also has its roots in India and developed parallel to Buddhism. Today most of the approximately 4.4 million Jainists live in large cities in India and belong to the middle or upper class.
A large number of regionally different forms of religion are summarized under “Other”. These include, for example, the group of the Parsees, some small Jewish communities or the vastly diverse forms of belief of the indigenous population in rural areas of India (Adivasis - native inhabitants). For more information about some of the Adivasi you will encounter while traveling with DIAMIR, see “Ethnic groups of India”.
* Affiliate links
As an Amazon partner, we earn from qualified sales. Our site is a consumer information portal and not an online shop. You cannot buy anything directly from us. In cooperation with our partner shops, we finance our work by placing affiliate links. In this way, we receive a small sales commission from the respective partner shop in the event of a purchase. There are of course no additional costs for our visitors
- Who is the founder of Sanatan Dharma
- Can we see demons in real life
- How much are cremation diamonds worth
- Obama supports abortion
- Can pigs eat dog food
- Should I tithe for things I sell
- How are some people more artistic
- Why is Chetan Bhagat not respected
- Is Narendra Modi from Pakistan
- When does FedEx normally deliver packages
- Who will sponsor the IPL in 2020
- How many Romanians speak Russian
- Why is the QPP being looked down upon?
- How do I always calm my mind
- What will new immigrants enjoy in Alberta
- How is the power in jet engines controlled
- How do I cure eye pain
- How can someone support Donald Trump
- Serves coffee to McDonalds all day
- Who are your favorite Australian celebrities
- How do I crack an interview 1
- A teenager has constitutional rights
- How did the Tulu language come about?
- Eating breakfast lowers cholesterol
- Who is the Top Rated Teen Porn Star
- How do I confuse a girl
- How much do you know about Hinduism
- Why is Down Syndrome rare in India
- Who is India's Favorite Person
- Westerners watch Chinese television or movies
- Narendra Modi is a historical leader
- Why do I feel unsafe in India
- What exactly does a varied diet mean?
- What do Indonesians think of Togo