Will Mumbai decline by 2050
Mega citiesIn 2050, over two thirds of the world's population will live in cities
In 2050, more than two thirds of the world's population will live in cities. The proportion of city dwellers will increase from 55 percent at present to an expected 68 percent during this period. This emerges from the world population report presented on Wednesday by the United Nations Population Fund.
Urbanization will increase particularly rapidly in developing and emerging countries in Asia and Africa. From 1950 to 2018, the number of city dwellers rose from 751 million to 4.2 billion. In the next 30 years, the number of city dwellers is estimated to increase by a further 2.5 billion people.
Growth in Asia and Africa
90 percent of this growth is expected in Asia and Africa, 35 percent of which in the three countries India, China and Nigeria alone. According to UN estimates, by 2050 there will be 416 million urban residents in India, 255 million in China and 189 million in Nigeria.
According to UN forecasts, by 2030 there will be 43 megacities worldwide with more than ten million inhabitants. The largest city is currently Tokyo with 37 million inhabitants, followed by New Delhi with 29 million, Shanghai with 26 million as well as São Paulo and Mexico City with 22 million inhabitants each. Cairo, Mumbai, Beijing and Dhaka are also above the 20 million mark.
According to the report, the number of people in Tokyo will decrease in the coming years. The Japanese capital should then be overtaken by New Delhi by 2028.
- How are soap noodles made at home
- Can Android be hacked using IMEI
- Girls get fat after fingering themselves
- Is Punjab in Pakistan
- What did Shivaji Maharaj look like?
- Which country has the hottest food
- What was Hitler's opinion of Gandhi?
- The Japanese video game industry is on the decline
- Where do seahorses sleep
- What did the Aryans bring to India
- Why is India turning to Hindu nationalism
- Can Hereditary win an Oscar
- Is there a truth in Hinduism
- What is the main thing in driving
- Why do people call Indians Indians
- What is your opinion on Tamilisai Soundararajan
- What is the evolutionary explanation of orgasm
- Isnt Geert Wilders is a Zionist supremacist
- Should private engineering schools be closed
- What is the political situation like in Nigeria
- How do I report credit card fraud
- Let's go back to the 19th century
- Is UNSW good for business administration
- Maryland was a confederate state