Do you want to live in Pakistan?
Welcome to the website of the Federal Foreign Office
Please read the following information carefully before submitting your application:
Passports and other identification documents can only be requested by appointment!
According to German law, your personal visit to the Islamabad Embassy / Consulate General Karachi is required for each of the procedural steps listed below.
At the Islamabad Embassy you can Appointments only online get booked.
Please click on the following link: Online Appointments Embassy Islamabad
At the Consulate General Karachi please dial the following telephone numbers:
(0092 21) - 3587 3782 or (0092 21) - 3582 1596.
Procedural steps according to German law
(depending on the circumstances of the case)
Standard turnaround time; fees
(Pakistani rupees (PKR) cash)
If you for the first time If you apply for a German passport / ID card, your Pakistani documents and other documents must be checked.
Fee for your passport / identification paper
(see below: "Fees")
at least 4 months
50,000 PKR (for Afghan documents: 90,000 PKR)
Your name under German law:
You must have a Name declaration hand in, which is confirmed by a German registry office:
- You request for the first time a German passport / ID
(for children only for the first child)
- in the event of a name change (e.g. after marriage or divorce)
(In this case, your marriage or divorce certificate must be provided before the name declaration be checked, see above under "Document review"; at least 4 months, 30,000PKR)
at least 2 months
approx. 10,000 PKR
From the age of six you must have your Fingerprints submit.
The production of the passport takes 4-5 weeks from the submission of the fingerprints.
You have to collect your passport / ID in person.
included in the fee for the passport / ID card
Please submit the following documents when submitting your application:
|Passport application||Passport application|
|3 passport photos|
- suitable for biometrics (see notes)
Passport photo templatePhotos_Samples
|Your current passport|
|Proof of your legal residency in Pakistan|
- Residence permit or
Issued by the German registration authority at your previous / last place of residence
If you are still registered in Germany, the current registration certificate must be presented instead. In this case we have to obtain the authorization of the responsible German passport authority and apply a non-jurisdiction surcharge in the amount of charge up to € 60 (cash in PKR).
|Proof of your German citizenship||Naturalization certificates (of the parents, if no own naturalization certificate is available), citizenship certificates|
If this was issued in Urdu, please also provide an English or correct German translation.
If you get the word on this side "Original (s)" read, in addition to the actual originals, copies that from a German agency have been certified.
All copiesthat you have to enclose with your application
- be presented in A4 format
- to be complete
- be legible
- and not (!) be stapled together.
Please submit all required copies in duplicate.
for adults over 24 years
€ 81 / pass with 32 pages
103 € / pass with 48 pages
for children up to 18 years
and for adults up to 24 years
€ 58.50 / pass with 32 pages
€ 80.50 / pass with 48 pages
for children up to 12 years
|Identity card||People over 24 years of age||58,80 €|
|Identity card||Persons under 24 years of age||52,80 €|
Place of residence-
free of charge
The fees are set in euros, but must be paid in Pakistani rupees and are therefore based on the euro-rupee exchange rate.
Please note that the fees increase if the embassy / consulate general acts as a non-competent authority, i.e. if you are not habitually resident in Pakistan.
To make payment quicker and easier, we ask that you bring enough change with you
- Why are ultraviolet rays dangerous
- Why the Hindu population in Pakistan was declining
- What are the similarities between the Caribbean
- Why is Rahul Gandhi so illogical
- What's your favorite Logic song
- This bitcoin faucet pays bitcoins
- Is Russia an advanced country
- How many time zones are there in Thailand
- Is there still a Zionism movement
- What's your favorite starter
- Who is Harry Styles these days
- Can power turn someone into a narcissist
- Is it racist to call Trump Orange
- A tarantula will attack its owner
- Should I study linguistics at the university?
- Alexander the Great had a son
- Which platform are you investing in
- How strong are your prescription glasses
- How do I become intelligent and wise
- What does Ahjumma mean in K Pop
- How do Liberal Conservatives and NDP differ?
- What is the difference between communist and naxalites
- Can cause cancer at a young age
- What does the term FUPA