What does the subconscious say about dreams
Psychology: What dreams reveal about ourselves
Dreams have always fascinated mankind - regardless of their nationality, many people around the world hold the view that dreams contain encoded truths about themselves and their environment.
Many sleep and dream research experts also agree: Dreams reflect everyday experiences, they claim. The things that are important to us also appear in dreams, explains Prof. Michael Schredl from the Central Institute for Mental Health in Mannheim.
But in the morning after waking up, many people are initially very confused. Because the nocturnal images from the mental cinema initially only make limited sense - sometimes they appear completely meaningless.
No wonder, because the connection between dreams and real everyday experiences can rarely be seen directly - for that, the dreamers have to look a little deeper. “It's not about the images themselves, but about the basic patterns,” explains the psychologist.
It describes, for example, a person's strengths and weaknesses, their abilities. These basic patterns can be recognized in the dream: What tasks do you have in the dream, how do you act? "The guardian personality, the experience is reflected in the dream," says Schredl.
Dreams are feelings in moving pictures
For Brigitte Holzinger, feelings play a crucial role in dreaming. "Dreams are feelings in moving pictures," she says. Holzinger heads the Institute for Consciousness and Dream Research in Vienna and has published several books on the subject. Strong feelings are the engine of the dream, she explains. However, they are not a one-to-one representation of what has been experienced. "They are often surreally modified."
However, if you deal with dreams and learn to read them, you can evaluate the feelings from the night and grow from them, says Holzinger. "The dream is something like a little psychotherapy."
- What is the job of a technician
- What if oral cancer is left untreated
- What is Jiang Zemin's situation like?
- How many people have received the Nobel Prize
- Will Africa ever unite like Western Europe?
- Can I send flowers to a man
- Did you know your parents were adopted
- Is my best friend toxic 1
- What should the skill answer be
- What are some good examples of placebo
- How does India need to improve?
- Is the AAP party democratic
- Negative aspect of Pakistan's independence
- Swedish is a dying language
- India needs an international news channel
- Is it bad to hate everyone
- How many children did Mother Teresa have
- Are you a cultural Marxist
- Why do some men own women
- What is PyCharm used for?
- How will law firms develop
- London loses its mood
- Is cloud computing harmful to the environment?
- The world is overpopulated