Is facial serum necessary
Facial serum: application and effects
Facial Serum, Need Or Not? A clear announcement in advance: "You are neglecting your skin if you do not use a serum," says New York star dermatologist Dr. Dennis Gross. With his help, we will explain to you what makes serums so valuable for skin care as they are used and which facial serum suits which skin type.
What actually is a serum?
In a nutshell: A serum is a highly concentrated intensive care product for the face that you can apply after cleansing and before the cream. Depending on the manufacturer and product, serums have a more watery or gel-like, but always light texture.
This is the bestseller among facial serums at amazon.de!
How does facial serum work?
"Due to their light consistency, serums are absorbed particularly quickly and deeply into the skin," says Dr. Dennis Gross. "At the same time, the care molecules contained are particularly small and can therefore be absorbed even better than those from a cream." This makes serums ideal for addressing specific skin problems such as pigment spots and pimples. Hello perfect complexion!
This is how long cosmetic products last
What is the difference between serum and cream?
It's not just about consistency, it's about ingredients. "In contrast to the creams from many manufacturers, serums generally do not contain any lipid replenishing substances and therefore no ingredients that could make it difficult for the care molecules to penetrate deeply into the skin," explains Dr. Dennis Gross.
So is a serum better than a cream?
That cannot be said, because the following fundamentally applies: Serums are not intended as a substitute for creams, rather they should complement day or night care. Because dry skin in particular needs the moisturizing ingredients in creams in order to stay beautiful and healthy. Serums can only replace the cream on very oily skin, because the skin already produces enough of its own fats.
Care tips for sensitive skin
How do I incorporate the serum into my skin care routine?
Always apply serums before creams! The reason: "A thick layer of cream can prevent the serum with its lighter consistency from being absorbed into the skin. This makes the product completely ineffective," says Gross. "If, on the other hand, you apply a serum before the cream, the active ingredients in the serum can even enhance the performance of the subsequent care products."
How do I use a serum?
Because serums are highly concentrated, just a few drops are enough to care for the entire face and neck. That's how it's done:
- Clean your face as you normally would
- Dry the skin completely
- Apply a drop of serum to the forehead, both cheeks, neck and décolleté.
- Massage the serum into the skin with circular fingertips
- Then apply the usual day or night care
How Often Should I Apply a Face Serum?
It differs from product to product. So you'd better keep an eye on the manufacturer's recommendations on the packaging. But once a day is usually a good foundation.
Skin care myths debunked
When is the best time to use a facial serum?
Some serums are formulated for the day and contain mainly antioxidant vitamins to protect the skin from the negative effects of pollution and sun exposure.
Other serums contain active anti-aging ingredients such as retinol, AHA or BHA acids. You should apply these products only (!) Before going to bed. The reason: the active ingredients have been proven to counteract aging, but make the skin sensitive to light. Which is why most manufacturers recommend always using a care product with a sun protection factor in the morning for the next 14 days on the day after application.
Who should use a serum?
Ultimately everyone! Dermatologist Gross justifies his statement that if you don't use one, you are neglecting your skin: "Serums contain the highest dose of ingredients for every skin problem you can imagine." There are serums against impurities, products against pigment spots, anti-wrinkle serums and many more.
Which serum suits my skin?
Choose a serum whose ingredients exactly match the needs of your skin. Dr. Dennis Gross for typical problems are as follows:
- A Anti-pimple serum for blemished skin clears with salicylic acid, sulfur, phytic acid, farnesol
- A Anti-age facial serum can delay skin aging with retinol, ferulic acid, peptides and glycolic acid
- A Serum against pigment spots ideally contains vitamin C, bearberry extract, mulberry extract and liquorice root extract
- A Anti-wrinkle serum may contain vitamin C, retinol, alpha and beta hydroxy acids and hyaluronic acid
- A Serum for normal skin should contain e.g. vitamin C and hyaluronic acid
- A Serum for sensitive skin increases the resilience of the skin, for example with amino acids
By the way: You can even apply several serums on top of each other. Only products that contain acids should not be layered without first consulting a dermatologist or beautician. Because that can lead to nasty skin irritation.
How to determine your skin type
Recommended serum! No matter what skin problem is plaguing you: There is a suitable serum for every need that promises relief. Your skin can benefit from its use - at least if you use a product that suits your skin type.
- Can US soldiers write from Syria
- Indians use or abuse democracy
- How will cities develop in the future?
- How do I find Tamil Quorans
- What's the best vengeance for you
- Is the bridge a realistic crime drama
- Are we humans hosts or parasites
- What is the success rate of Cisco ACI
- Why were Japanese Americans interned during World War II
- Allows India to have dual citizenship 1
- Can your eyes change color
- Are people generally amoral?
- How does the prosthesis work
- Are the teeth supposed to be yellow?
- Why do some people hate Sachin Tendulkar
- What are the Indian terms of tenderness
- When did the Spanish Civil War begin?
- How is dark
- The real genius is often weird
- Is Muslim prohibition a form of discrimination?
- How old is your current laptop
- How were old scales calibrated
- How many Indians are outside India
- What is the legacy of the forest
- You can of course fix myopia
- Are communists illegal
- What is a stroke
- Is 30 too old to start snowboarding
- Means Roman Italy
- What is life like in Duesseldorf?
- How unhealthy are McDonald's fries
- What are the economic problems in poverty
- What leads to corruption