What is self test
Rapid tests for Corona: options at home and by professionals
How does the home test work?
The previously approved test kits for personal use include a Nasal swab intended. The smears can be taken independently from the front nose can be removed, a deep penetration into the nasopharynx is not necessary. It can be assumed that gargle or spit tests will also be permitted in the foreseeable future.
The test detects the virus protein in the secretion, provided that there is a sufficient amount of virus present. If the result is positive, a appears in the field of vision after around 15 minutes second colored line, similar to a pregnancy test.
What is in the test kit?
For a lay test for a nasal swab, the test kit includes:
- Coronavirus antigen test cassette
- Sample tube
- sterile test stick
- Extraction buffer
- Instructions for use / brief instructions
It is important to follow the instructions for use exactly. You should therefore read the entire instructions for use carefully before starting the test. In addition to the test kit, organize other things you need, such as a clock / stopwatch, a mirror and waste bin. Also, wash or disinfect your hands thoroughly before starting the test and when you are finished.
The rumor is currently circulating on the Internet that the swabs in corona self-tests are coated with ethylene oxide and are therefore carcinogenic. This rumor is false. The test strips are not coated. Ethylene oxide is a gas that is used for sterilization, especially medical devices that cannot be heated. Since ethylene oxide is known to be toxic, a ventilation phase of several hours follows after sterilization, after which the products must be examined for residues.
How safe is the test?
Like all rapid antigen tests, the self-test is only one Snapshot, i.e. the very next day you could be Corona-positive. The self-tests have a certain error rate. The rapid antigen test is not as reliable as a PCR test. The rapid test / self-test requires a larger amount of virus to display a positive result.
A negative test result can provide additional security before visiting the grandparents, for example. It is important, even if the test result is negative Hygiene rules such as keeping your distance, washing your hands, ventilating and wearing a mask.
What to do if the self-test is positive
If the test is positive, a must PCR test be done for confirmation to be sure that the result is correct. Get in touch with her at short notice Family doctor or call 116 117 at.
Remain in quarantine at home until the result of the PCR test is available. Do not use public transport to go to the doctor or the test center.
There is currently no obligation to register for a lay test at home, so it depends on your own responsibility. Avoid infecting third parties by acting responsibly!
Dispose of used test kits properly
- Used swabs, solutions and test cassettes = residual waste
- Accompanying note and outer packaging (if made of cardboard) = Waste paper
- Plastic containers, bags and outer packaging (if made of plastic) = Yellow bin / yellow sack
- Why is history so interesting
- How do people read poetry
- How does eating sugar affect our bodies?
- Why did Ratan Tata buy Jaguar
- What is the greatest human scientific achievement?
- Which are some Kutchi surnames
- What is the population of Peshawar
- What distinguishes the best Cantonese audio dictionaries
- Drinking naturally increased water
- Why is Henry Kissinger hated
- Should Catalonia be independent from Spain
- All animals are born selfish
- Become Democrats extreme left
- Was John Lennon jealous of Paul McCartney
- Why is Henry Kissinger hated
- What is economic fascism
- What's an irony that you saw today
- Which two countries are 24 hours apart?
- Is China still communist economically?
- What are the rarities of a diamond
- Can hypnosis help with ADHD
- Fashion design is a tough course
- How is the current government surveillance harming the people
- Why don't I know any guys