Where can we get a visa
Third-country nationals who require a passport are generally required to have a visa when entering Austria and during their stay. Exceptions are defined within the framework of the EU or regulated by federal law or intergovernmental agreements. Which citizenship entitles you to visa-free entry can be found in the → List of visa requirements on the website of the Federal Ministry of the Interior (BMI).
Detailed information on the visa categories can also be found at oesterreich.gv.at.
General principles and requirements for issuing visas:
- Visa application form
- A travel document valid for Austria, the validity of which should exceed that of the visa by at least three months and which must have at least two blank pages and was issued within the previous ten years
- A passport photo (portrait format 35 x 45 mm) according to certain passport photo criteria
- Submission of a travel health insurance covering all risks for the planned duration of the stay (amount of cover 30,000 euros, valid for the entire Schengen area)
- Proof of sufficient means of subsistence for the duration of the planned stay and the return journey to the country of origin or country of residence
- Other evidence required by the respective authority (hotel reservations, invitation letters, booking receipts, return flight tickets, evidence of regular employment, etc.) - as these are adapted to local standards and coordinated with the other Schengen representations, the evidence may differ locally
- There are no other reasons for refusal (prohibition of residence, notification of a Schengen state, etc.)
Depending on the situation, additional documents can be requested. Please inquire in advance with the Austrian representation authority (→ BMEIA).
All types of visas are generally issued by representative authorities (→ BMEIA) abroad or, in strict exceptional cases, by some border inspection posts or, in permissible extension cases, by the state police headquarters.
To issue a Schengen visas is the Representation authority (→ BMEIA) of that country responsible in which the Main destination the visa applicant is located. If the stay in several countries is equally weighted (e.g. in the case of a round trip), the representative authority of the country in whose territory the main travel destination lies with regard to the duration and purpose of the stay is responsible. If no main destination can be determined, the Member State of first entry into the Schengen area is responsible.
Territorial jurisdiction with regard to applying for visas of categories A and C depends on the applicant's legal residence in the consular district of the representation authority. The representation authority can exercise extraordinary jurisdiction over applications from legally resident third-country nationals who do not reside there if the applicant justifies that he / she had to submit his / her application to that consulate.
Category D visas must be applied for at the competent Austrian representation authority. For Visa D the regulation of § 8FPG applies. According to this, the local jurisdiction for performing official acts in visa matters is based on the residence of the alien (that is the place where his / her center of life is, verifiable e.g. by means of registration form, residence permit, visa).
All representative authorities (addresses, telephone numbers, opening times, special features when issuing visas, etc.) can be found on the website of the Federal Ministry for European and International Affairs (→ BMEIA).
The consular fees can be found in the fee lists that are available in the respective Austrian representation authority (→ BMEIA).
You can find more information about the entry requirements for Austria at www.bmi.gv.at/visa. If you have any further questions, the Federal Ministry of the Interior, Department V / 7, can call +43 1 53126 / 3557 can be contacted by phone between 9 a.m. and 11 a.m.
A visa can only be extended in Germany in clearly defined exceptional cases.
To the form
Schengen Visa - Application for Issuance
Responsible for the content: Federal Ministry of the Interior
- Indian girls like ballbusting
- All questions are political questions
- Everything is expensive in Russia
- Where can I get good office desks
- How do motivational speakers get work
- Can refugees work in Australia
- How are postcodes written?
- Are you also in 10th grade
- Have you ever downgraded your car
- What makes Austin TX attractive
- Are you for or against online dating?
- What is the Telugu translation for hypocrisy
- India supports the greater Balochistan area
- Which brand is better cello or Milton
- Is knockout js still usable
- What is the oldest building in Israel
- What is the goal of BJP Chhattisgarh
- Bandwidth How fast is the Internet at 30 Mbit / s
- What made you religious or atheistic
- ABBA wrote her own songs
- What's the most emotional BTS song
- Is ISRO necessary for India
- Has anyone broken into your home before?
- Did Bob Dylan do drugs
- How can I resolve my police complaint
- Is a crime under oath
- How does history affect literature?
- Are progressive Catholics really Catholic?
- Which show pays the most per episode?
- How do I avoid Greek military service
- Which is greater Chennai or Bengaluru
- What are the side effects of layers
- How diverse is Tennessee
- Revenge is better than forgiveness