What's wrong with Bollywood celebrities 1
10 famous stars of the Indian cultural scene
Ravi Shankar: the king of the sitar
In the 1950s, Ravi Shankar became one of the first messengers of Indian music in the West. The meditative sound and the ascending drive of his ragas inspired and influenced fellow musicians from Yehudi Menuhin to George Harrison. And also his daughters Anoushka Shankar and Nora Jones, according to the proud father, made an "important contribution to the musical development of the West".
Zubin Mehta: the conductor prince
Born in Mumbai, then still Bombay, the artist went to study in Vienna at the age of 18 and made a career in Europe and the USA. Nevertheless, Zubin Mehta remains connected to his homeland to this day. For example, a foundation he founded is committed to popularizing Western classical music in India.
Yash Chopra: the father of Bollywood
Without the director and film producer Yash Chopra, the Hindi film industry would not have developed into an internationally successful phenomenon. He was a master and co-inventor of the feel-good music film and skillfully coined the trademark "Bollywood".
Shah Rukh Khan
Shah Rukh Khan: the superstar
He is considered the most successful actor in India. Shah Rukh Khan is said to have more admirers worldwide than Jonny Depp and Tom Cruise put together. The only 1.70 meter tall Bollywood star is by no means a classic handsome boy. Rather, his strengths are humor, charm and charisma.
Raj Kapoor as a wax figure at Madame Tussauds
Raj Kapoor: the "Charlie Chaplin of India"
In the 1950s, Raj Kapoor took the hearts of viewers and critics by storm. He was also one of the first to play not the winner, but a little man with his lovable weaknesses and a certain brokenness.
Subodh Gupta: the collector's favorite
Contemporary art "made in India" has been booming for decades. One of their most successful protagonists is Subodh Gupta. The works of the artist from Bihar achieve record prices on the art market. Bihar is one of the poorest regions in India.
Kajol: the beauty icon
Kajol Devgan is not only one of the most popular and well-known actresses in Bollywood. For many, the mother of two is the symbol of classic Indian beauty.
Arundhati Roy: the star author
The Indian writer was named one of the 100 Most Influential People in the World by Time Magazine in 2014. The delicate woman has a lot to say to the mighty of this world and her country and fearlessly criticizes the weaknesses of Indian society and the state.
A.R. Rahman: the successful composer
In 2008, "Slumdog Millionaire", a film by Danny Boyle based on the hit novel "Q & A" by Vikas Swarup ("Questions and Answers", German title "Rupien! Rupien!") Was awarded eight Oscars. Among other things, the soundtrack from the workshop of Allah Rakha Rahman, the jack-of-all-trades of Indian light music, made him a box-office hit.
Balkrishna Doshi: the architect
In 2018, the 90-year-old Balkrishna Doshi was honored with the Pritzker Prize - the world's most important award for architects. The architect, who was born in Pune, has proven that "art and architecture serve mankind", so the reasoning. At the end of the 80s Doshi built the "Aranya Low Cost Housing" in his hometown. Over 6500 residential units from small apartments to spacious apartments offer decent living space for people with different incomes.
- Who is the worst psychopath in history
- Will win Modi in the 2016 UP election
- What do the Japanese think of Amami Yuki
- Can I say a boy is beautiful
- How dangerous are low oxygen levels
- Indian languages are easy to learn
- How does politics affect spirituality?
- Why do guys bully girls they like
- What are Hillsong United's best albums
- How did Narendra Modi start his career
- Is an apartment a residential address
- Why do enlightened beings often become unknown
- Which is your favorite jewelry advertisement
- What is considered an emotional burden
- Reflect the X-rays
- What is SIP in a mutual fund
- You can eat shiitake mushrooms raw
- What are momos 1
- Why was Adolf Hitler viewed as a dictator
- Engineers must have girlfriends
- When will the protests in India end?
- Why do engineers hate TCS
- How was the National Socialist ideology dismantled
- What are you sacrificing in joining Illuminati