Is Hennessy really vodka
The Everyday Cognac: Hennessy Very Special (VS) in the test
Hennessy is one of the most important cognac houses in France and is known for its fine brandies. The Hennessy Very Special (V.S.) is the youngest of the various cognac ages. The Hennessy VS is the easy entry into the world of cognac. But is it also worth buying? We tried it.
Cognac layers used in the Hennessy Very Special
It's no secret that cognac can only be produced in the region around the small town of Cognac in France. In order to distinguish the qualities of the grapes used, the region has been divided into six different layers. We present these in our cognac guide.
Grande Fine Champagne is considered the best location and Bons Bois the easiest location. For the production of Hennessy VS, brandies from wines from the four best locations are used. these are Grande Fine Champagne, Fine Champagne, Petite Champagne and Borderies. Unfortunately, it is not known to what extent wines from which location are included in the Hennessy Very Special. And of course a vineyard is not a guarantee for an excellent cognac - because it depends on the storage in wooden barrels and the composition of the brandy.
How old are the cognacs in the Hennessy V.S.?
According to the regulations for cognac, VS cognacs must be stored in oak barrels for at least 2 years. Beyond this minimum age of the cognac, the Hennessy Very Special also contains brandies that have been matured in oak for up to 8 years. Since this Hennessy cognac is a cognac for beginners, it can be assumed that a larger part of the brandy it contains is rather young. But how is this noticeable in tasting and can the cognac convince in smell and taste?
Our tasting of the Hennessy Very Special
How does it smell
On the nose, the Hennessy Very Special first presents us with typical cognac aromas. We smell raisins, prunes and vanilla as well as apple and pear peels. The fruity notes are rounded off by a fine, lemony acidity. In addition, the scent reminds us of freshly felled wood and contains grassy notes. Overall, the Hennessy VS makes a mild and soft impression.
How does it taste
The fruity and sweet notes of this VS cognac stand out even more clearly in the taste. We taste sweet raisins and enjoy light vanilla notes. But the oak is also well integrated with resinous and slightly bitter notes of light wood at the back. The young age of the cognac is noticeable in the low level of complexity, after the sweet prelude little happens in the middle section before the wood makes its appearance in the finish. The Hennessy Very Special is mild and very accessible without alcoholic spiciness.
Order Hennessy cognacs from Amazon
Last updated on May 21, 2021 at 12:33 p.m. / Affiliate Links / Images from the Amazon Product Advertising API
Whether pure, on ice or mixed as a drink: Spirits bring a variety of flavors into the glass. Behind every rum, vodka, gin or cocktail, however, there are also exciting stories to be discovered and told. For me, a good spirit is like an adventure novel: exciting to the last sip.
Read more on the topics:
- Do you want to travel to Pakistan?
- Online and Ouija Boards App are real
- Football is becoming more and more popular in Pakistan
- What is India's national symbol
- Is a solar eclipse harmful
- Atheists what is your favorite religion
- Safari technology preview is faster than Safari
- How to use selfishness
- Why did you choose the University of California?
- Are there dirty words in Japanese?
- Why do leftists reject Nordic capitalism
- Which Websites Help Sharpen Your Mind 1
- Why is computer technology called information technology
- Why is there a lack of seats in Dublin
- Why can't I make friends in Australia
- How do you rate Unified Communications
- Which piece of jewelry can you recommend
- Why is Canada so cold this winter
- Can you learn meditation from a book
- Is someone tired of anti-feminists
- Why did Ratan Tata buy Jaguar
- Bandwidth How fast is the Internet at 30 Mbit / s
- How is Absolut Vodka made
- Is there corruption in the Pakistani army