What did the Aryans bring to India
Munich: The thing with the Aryans
Two weeks ago, Ali David S., an 18-year-old German-Iranian, shot nine people in Munich, mainly people who did not come from Germany, and then himself. One of the reasons for his crime was that he felt bullied and had mental health problems.
It also turned out that he was a racist, hated Jews, that it was great to have Hitler's birthday on the same day as Hitler, that he committed his assassination exactly five years after the bloodbath of Anders Breivik and that he was proud to be an Aryan. How is it possible that the son of Iranian immigrants targeted other migrants?
Race In the early 1930s Reza Shah Pahlawi renamed Persia Iran - Land of the Aryans. The migration of the Aryans brought them from India via Iran to Germany. The belief that the Aryans are a better race among the people still exists in India and Iran to some extent today. This is particularly popular among exiled Iranians. Some think they are related to the Europeans and thus somehow better foreigners. The phenomenon is not limited to exiled Iranians. The Aryan race theory is particularly widespread among the less educated classes in Iran. Here, too, aversion to, and in some cases hatred, of the Iranian government plays a decisive role.
The worse the political and economic situation and the image of Iran, the greater the need to identify with old, past greatness. For example with King Cyrus the Great, who issued the first charter of human rights, or with Zarathustra and his philosophy. Interestingly, this thinking is rarely associated with anti-Semitism (in contrast to the government in Tehran, which even cooperates with the NPD). As a rule, Arabs and Turks are seen as inferior, but Jews are not. Many, especially from the lower middle class, know nothing about Hitler's racial theory, but they still refer to the Germans as "our Aryan brothers."
The rampage in Munich is not only a turning point for Germany. It is high time for Iranians to grapple with the excesses of Aryan race theory - and to fight them.
The author was born in Iran, is a journalist and lives in Munich.
- Mac OS is a Linux distribution
- How is real life Yogi Adityanath
- What is the Facebook of non-profit organizations
- What is the fate of Judaism
- What is a stroke
- What is the beauty secret of Iyengars
- A VPN hides your IP address
- Which is better Airbus A330 or A777
- Plastic bottles pollute water
- Did bodybuilders inspire you to start bodybuilding?
- What is the representation of an array
- What does an Islamic marriage contract contain
- What are the qualifications of Jaggi Vasudev
- How will the walking dead end
- How do I introduce myself fresh
- How can I avoid getting white hair?
- Are electronic cigarettes legal for children
- How are American expats treated in Russia
- What is the plural of bigfoot
- Why did Congress lose in the Karnataka elections
- What was the total world population in 1830
- Has anyone ever messed around with your family
- Is it worth joining Hindalco
- What is relativistic thinking