Should Kashmiris leave India
Cashmere continues in a state of emergency
After the Indian government revoked the special status of the Kashmir region, it continues to take tough measures to prevent protests against the decision. Many of the approximately seven million inhabitants of the Kashmir Valley have not had access to the Internet or television since Sunday evening. You cannot make phone calls either. India has sent tens of thousands of soldiers to the region, restricting the freedom of movement of the residents. In addition, there is a ban on meetings.
India has also arrested three political leaders in the region. The former heads of government of Jammu and Kashmir, Mehbooba Mufti and Ohmar Abdullah, as well as the chairman of a regional party, Sajad Lone, were brought to a "guest house" of the Indian government according to a court order. According to Indian press reports, this temporarily serves as a detention center. The activities of the three politicians could "disturb the peace", it said in the decision.
Indian Minister of the Interior: "Historic Decision"
The parliament in New Delhi also debated the controversial reorganization plan for the previously autonomous state of Jammu and Kashmir, which is now to be fully integrated into India. Interior Minister Amit Shah told the lower house of the People's Assembly that Kashmir was an "integral part of India" and described the decision as "historic". The opposition accused the government of violating the constitution. "This nation is built on its people, not on pieces of land," said Rahul Gandhi, MP from the Congress Party. The Kashmiri parliamentarian Mir Fayaz criticized the decision to turn Kashmir into an "open air prison".
Pakistan seeks help from the international community
Pakistan took a position and took a clear position on the side of the Kashmiris, who live as a Muslim minority in India's Hindu society. The two states Pakistan and India each claim Kashmir for themselves. The army chief of Pakistan warned India of an escalation: "Pakistan's army will support the Kashmiris in their struggle to the end," said General Kamar Javed Bajwa.
Pakistan's Prime Minister Imran Khan also criticized the decision. The Indian approach could trigger violence in the region, which could lead to clashes between nuclear powers. "The consequences would be inconceivable." Khan called on the international community to intervene should they want to prevent a disaster. Khan said he would take the matter to the United Nations Security Council. India wants ethnic cleansing in Kashmir, he warned.
On Monday, the Indian government canceled without replacement the special status of Kashmir, which had been anchored in the constitution since 1949, thus throwing the disputed area in the Himalayas between India and Pakistan into chaos. The now repealed rule states that only residents of the state, which is mainly inhabited by Muslims, can buy land and that only people from Jammu and Kashmir are entitled to jobs in the state administration.
rku / as (edp, afp, dpa, rtr)
- What is the easiest religion to join
- Is it advisable to join Aricent
- How can candles show the time
- Iraq and Syria are getting better
- Can Android be hacked using IMEI
- What is a trilogy ring
- Which is the most watched television series
- How can I register in Zoomcar
- Why did Bellatrix bite Hermione
- Why is Imran Khan afraid of Modi
- Should Tata Group buy Air India
- What is our culture
- How many Romanians speak Russian
- What does conservative liberal mean?
- Should Indians stop migrating to other countries
- Why do many AP students use Quora
- How is London different from American cities
- What are the principles of Christian giving
- What stupid superstitions do you secretly believe?
- What's the most emotional BTS song
- Why is Imran Khan afraid of Modi
- Made like a fin ring
- How is a stem cell specialized
- How seaworthy were Homo erectus and Neanderthals
- Why is life so short 1
- Someone is using API for payment
- Can I invest in Reliance Jio 1?
- How do INTJs make friends
- What makes a person political
- What's your rating of Dublin Ireland
- What does a chauvinist mean to you
- Who are some of the shortest rappers
- What has functionalism contributed to modern psychology