How do the Brazilians feel about their country?
Welcome to the website of the Federal Foreign Office
Brazil is a presidential federal republic. It consists of federal, state and local authorities. Legislative power is exercised by the National Congress (Chamber of Deputies and Senate). The 513 MPs are elected for four years and the 81 senators for eight years. The president is elected directly by the people for four years with an absolute majority of the votes.
Brazil is divided into 26 states and the federal district of Brasília. The states have their own constitutions and laws. The heads of state of the states, the governors, are directly elected for four years. The last presidential, gubernatorial and parliamentary elections took place in October 2018.
In the run-up to this, a severe economic crisis and numerous bribery scandals, in which high-ranking politicians were involved, had led to great dissatisfaction among the population. President Jair Bolsonaro has been in power since January 1st, 2019.
Brazil is facing major challenges: The country has been hit very hard by the COVID-19 pandemic. Improvements in environmental and climate protection are still urgently required. A tax reform and reforms of the public service are also pending.
This text represents basic information. It is updated regularly. No guarantee can be given for the correctness and completeness of the information.
- The SAT exam includes advanced math skills
- Does shadow exist
- What is polarization
- How is Islam understood and misunderstood
- Anisocoria with heterochromia is very rare
- How many times have you seen an optician
- What makes a good student council president?
- How do I introduce myself fresh
- Which country has neither temple nor church?
- What are good creepy K-dramas
- Truth About Godhra Incident
- What are bars in hip hop music
- What is something that exists
- Love girls blowjobs
- What is the truth about LPG subsidies
- Islands don't float away
- What is the capital of England 1
- Was Yugoslavia bigger than Romania
- Is Uber allowed at Newark Airport
- Why did you join the Bharatiya Janata Party
- Can Nepalese study BDS in Australia
- What does it mean to waste time
- Why are ICAO and IATA codes different
- Is IIT BHU isolated from BHU