How do anti-aging preparations work
When should you start antiaging?
We all notice that our skin changes from around our mid-twenties. A wrinkle there, a loss of elasticity here - but do you already have mature skin and should you use an anti-wrinkle cream? When is it time for antiaging? Which active ingredients and products are best suited from which age? In order to choose the right product, it is useful to know what exactly happens in our skin over the course of life.
The aging process of the skin: when what happens and when does one have “mature skin”?
In the 20s
The aging process of the skin begins in the mid-twenties. The first wrinkles can appear around the eyes and on the forehead. Our genetics, lifestyle and external factors have a decisive influence on when the aging of the epidermis and dermis begins.
During this time, the focus is on prevention, because in the 20s we lay the foundation for healthy and beautiful skin - well beyond our 50th year of life.
In the 30s
In the thirties, the cell division in the upper layer of the skin (epidermis) slowly reduces. The skin needs more time to renew itself. The sebum glands now produce a quarter less sebum and the skin's moisture content decreases. The blood circulation is also reduced, so that the oxygen and nutrient supply to the skin decreases somewhat. Wrinkles around the mouth and eyes become more noticeable. When estrogen levels drop in women aged 35 and over, the skin loses volume and becomes thinner.
From 40 years
At the beginning of the forties, the skin began to mature. The skin binds less moisture, the rate of cell division is further reduced, and the number of sebum glands also decreases. Tension, redness and itching can result. When menopause sets in in the following years, the changed hormonal balance has a major impact on the skin. Changes in the pigmentation of the skin can also result, so that pigment spots appear.
Targeted use of anti-aging ingredients
Taking into account the individual phases of skin aging, anti-aging ingredients can be divided into different categories.
The moisture store
Light hyaluronic acid-containing preparations, such as a fluid or serum, ensure an immediate freshness effect and intensive moisture penetration of the skin. Figuratively speaking, they are like that extra glass of water for the skin. These preparations can often be called Entry into anti-aging care can be used because they retain moisture in the skin and can also be used as a cure, for example.
We recommend DERMASENCE Hyalusome Concentrate - an anti-aging fluid with an external botox effect.
The skin renewers
The top anti-aging ingredients are clearly also among the top anti-aging ingredients Alpha Hydroxy Acids (AHA) like glycolic acid and other fruit acids. They stimulate cell division in the skin, act like a peeling and also have moisture-binding properties. The AHAs can renew and refine skin that looks tired and in need of activation. In addition, they are suitable for both cure-like and long-term use as night care or as preparation for a chemical peel.
Use the DERMASENCE AHA Body & Face Lotion for this - true to the motto: sour makes beautiful!
Vitamin A as a cosmetic active ingredient increases the formation of new collagen and regenerates the thinning epidermis. Vitamin E is a cell-protecting vitamin, it has an antioxidant effect and protects the skin from free radicals. The lightening properties of vitamin C make the ingredient popular for treating pigmentation spots. Vitamin C also supports skin renewal and protects the cells. To supply your skin with these nourishing vitamins, we recommend the DERMASENCE Cream + Mask. This scores points in particular because of its triple use: 1. as a face cream for day and night, 2. as a mask and 3. as a care for the neck and décolleté.
The best anti-aging agent: UV protection!
In addition to our genetics, i.e. predisposition, all the aging processes listed are significantly influenced by one factor: the sun! UV radiation accounts for around 80% of skin aging and is able to clearly overlay natural aging processes.
Consistent UV protection as part of daily skin care not only prevents sun-aged skin, but also minimizes the risk of developing skin cancer and its precursors. Because it is not the 14 days of summer vacation that make us “look old” in the truest sense of the word, but a whole life without protection from the daily sun.
- Weindl, G., et al. "Hyaluronic acid in the treatment and prevention of skin diseases: molecular biological, pharmaceutical and clinical aspects.“Skin Pharmacology and Physiology 17.5 (2004): 207-213.
- Humbert, Philippe G., et al. "Topical ascorbic acid on photoaged skin. Clinical, topographical and ultrastructural evaluation: double ‐ blind study vs. placebo. "Experimental Dermatology 12.3 (2003): 237-244.
- Manela-Azulay, Mônica, and Ediléia Bagatin. "Cosmeceuticals vitamins.“Clinics in dermatology 27.5 (2009): 469-474.
- D’Orazio, John, et al. "UV radiation and the skin. "International journal of molecular sciences 6/14 (2013): 12222-12248.
Our product recommendation for anti-aging
Special care against wrinkles
Chrono retare anti-aging serum
Facial care from 45
Chrono retare anti-aging eye care
Eye care from 45
AHA Body & Face Lotion
Body lotion with fruit acid and urea
- Are geniuses like smart people
- When is the internal energy negative
- What if else in C language
- How is the Central University of Haryana
- How many times have you uninstalled PUBG?
- Why are people born bad
- Why did God create man last?
- Are black rappers better than white rappers
- What do truckers do to be safe?
- Can you still hop a freight train
- Can Germany leave the EU
- What is art for art's sake
- How can you never see failure
- What is the opposite of a comeback
- Should Madhesh join Bihar
- Does a student need instruction
- How do we learn from mistakes
- Which programming course should I take
- How are Indian companies going global
- Is Buddhism a religion or not
- How is Armenia
- Does President Trump have Alzheimer's disease or dementia
- When are diamonds officially declared worthless?
- What do the Europeans think of Arabs