What is systolic blood pressure
Blood pressure is the pressure at which blood flows through the arteries. If the blood pressure is too high, it can have an impact on human health and performance. For example, high blood pressure increases the risk of having a heart attack.
In addition to the pumping capacity of the heart, the resistance of the blood vessels, the blood volume and various hormones mainly influence the blood pressure.
Blood pressure measurement
The blood pressure is made up of two differently high values - the higher systolic ("upper") and the lower diastolic ("lower") blood pressure value:
- Upper value: With each heartbeat, the blood is pumped into the arteries down to the smallest capillary vessels in order to supply the body with sufficient blood. The heart contracts. Pressure is created in the arteries, which acts on their walls. This pressure corresponds to the higher ("upper", systolic) blood pressure value.
- Lower value: Between heartbeats, the heart muscle relaxes and the heart fills with blood again. The pressure measured in the arteries is the second (“lower”, diastolic) blood pressure value.
The blood pressure measurement results in a value of "125 to 80". This means:
- 125 = upper value = systolic blood pressure
- 80 = lower value = diastolic blood pressure
The unit is "millimeters of mercury", abbreviated to "mmHg".
Quite normal: fluctuations in blood pressure
Blood pressure changes over the course of a day, it does not always stay the same. Higher blood pressure values during physical exertion or psychological stress are quite normal. The body adjusts itself to provide the body with more energy.
When you sleep or when you are relaxing, blood pressure usually drops to lower values. It is therefore a good idea to measure your blood pressure at different times of the day and on different days before your doctor diagnoses high blood pressure.
- How do I become a speaker
- Why do people believe that Satan exists
- What is Public Consciousness
- Why is my PayPal transaction pending
- How has feminism affected marriage?
- How is life in Siruseri area OMR
- Which television programs are you interested in
- Who in your life has nurtured your talent
- Can India ever defeat Pakistan in war?
- Has the western world become too liberal?
- Why are consulting firms so big
- Hate Berber Arabs
- Can dogs get hemorrhoids?
- What is the name of a six-month anniversary
- Are you judgmental
- What percentage of Hindus are anti-Muslim?
- Capitalism What does a better capitalist mean
- What is the fear of engagement
- Does spicy food really cause ulcers
- Why are we humans so emotionally weak
- How CCI works on the stock exchange
- How can I resolve my police complaint
- Galaxy Note 7 is rare
- How did you hear about engineering
- What a typically British thing
- Pay for protection tax exempt
- Which food reminds you most of home
- What is the significance of the school spirit
- Can all plants be grown hydroponically?
- Which channel is CNN on DirecTV
- What is the economic capital of China
- What Are Some Good BL Asian Movies
- Which country has neither temple nor church?