What is blind baking
Blind baking - this keeps the dough in shape
Blind baking is a method in which the dough base is pre-baked without filling or topping. This prevents the dough from becoming soggy or out of shape. Depending on the recipe, the base is then baked with the filling or left in the pan to cool.
To prevent the dough base from collapsing or air bubbles forming during baking, it is covered with baking paper and weighted down with dried legumes before blind baking. Because you cannot see the dough during baking because of the cover, this process is carried out Blind jaws called. The technique is particularly suitable for tarts and pies.
Blind jaws - this is how it works step by step
Blind jaws - step 1:
Roll out a simple shortcrust pastry and fit into the greased baking pan. Lightly press the dough on the edge of the pan. To prevent air bubbles from forming during baking, prick the dough several times with a fork.
Blind jaws - step 2:
Before blind baking, cover the dough with baking paper and weigh it down with around 500 g of dried legumes, for example peas. This means that the dough does not form bubbles during blind baking.
Blind jaws - step 3:
Then bake the dough in the preheated oven. If the dough is covered and baked again after the topping, it is sufficient to leave the base in the oven for 10-15 minutes. If the base is filled with ingredients that are not heated, you can blind-bake the dough for 15-20 minutes. Then the legumes are removed again.
Tips for blind baking:
- So that the dough base remains stable, please let the base cool down completely before filling it with fruit or creamy creams.
- The legumes can be used several times without any problems. Simply let it cool down and store it in a jar, for example.
- Instead of legumes like peas, lentils or beans, you can also use rice for blind baking.
- Second, which programming language should I learn
- Why should we learn Java in 2021
- Why do you hate Chandrababu Naidu
- How do analog clocks work
- Why is the assembly of God a cult
- Is Craigslist Verification a Scam
- Is facial serum necessary
- What role does the army play
- Does Donald Trump respect someone
- Why is Nashik called Nashik
- Why is there no world government?
- Can I find someone with a photo?
- Which normal foods do you find repulsive?
- What are some fine Korean medical dramas
- American girls like Pakistani men
- Rajasthan is more developed than Madhya Pradesh
- What is the best diamond sorting agency
- How beautiful is Nepal
- How did Greek nationalism come about?
- Is US history all about massacre?
- Should I have contacts every day
- How bad are zoos
- Do you like the arrogance of srk
- Are hyenas aggressive
- How profitable are airlines
- Where to see Telugu movies
- Does Islam have worship music
- Is UberEATS a good job for drivers
- What are SEO Techniques for Website Optimization
- Does the RSS ideology have credibility
- What are user-defined functions in PHP
- Is the UN really controlled by the US?
- Why did Eckerds discontinue its business?
- Was gin Ichimaru good from the start