Can autistic children be hypnotized
Autism: Possible Causes for the Developmental Disorder
There has only been some reliable knowledge among medical professionals about possible causes of autism for a few years. In any case, it is clear that there is not one reason why a person suffers from autism - there are many different possible causes for the developmental disorder.
1. Biochemical causes of autism
In many autistic people, the cause of the developmental disorder could have something to do with the messenger substances in the central nervous system. Both dopamine and serotonin are often more prevalent in those affected. For this reason, drugs that are used in autism therapy should, for example, inhibit the reuptake of these substances.
2. Rett syndrome due to an altered gene
Rett syndrome is a form of autism that only affects girls. Here the cause seems to be clarified: those affected show a change in the protein MeCP2 on the X chromosome.
3. Autism due to problematic relationship with parents?
Medical researchers have long assumed that a disorder in the relationship between the affected child and their parents could be one of the most common causes of autism. According to the association "Autismus Hamburg", however, this assumption no longer seems tenable today: For example, the fact that autistic children always show neurobiological peculiarities from birth speaks against it. In addition, the parents of autistic children usually do not differ noticeably from other parents in either behavior or personality.
4. Age of parents
However, according to the medical portal "Neurologists and Psychiatrists on the Net", the age of the parents could well be one of the causes of autism: Autism spectrum disorders seem to occur more frequently in children with a somewhat older father. Some studies also seem to suggest that the risk is slightly higher in older mothers as well.
A long-term study by the University of California in 2010 came to the conclusion, according to the news channel n-tv, that the risk of autism increases by 50 percent if women have a child at 40 instead of 25 to 29 years of age.
5. Risk factors during pregnancy
In addition, there are various risk factors that can favor autism. An example is rubella infection during pregnancy. Premature birth can also be a cause of the developmental disorder in the child. However, alcohol consumption or high psychological stress during pregnancy do not seem to influence the risk of autism in the child.
Important NOTE: The information is in no way a substitute for professional advice or treatment by trained and recognized doctors. The contents of t-online cannot and must not be used to independently make diagnoses or start treatments.
- Hollywood has always been so liberal
- How does it hurt you when you are strong?
- How did the people get citizenship for Grenada
- How can I be a good actress
- Why is Imran Khan afraid of Modi
- How did BJP secure itself from daemonization
- What is Shakti
- What is a fundamentalist
- What are SEO Strategies
- How are TRP ratings calculated
- What should Americans learn from the Japanese?
- What does curl actually do
- Why does culture define identity
- Kim Jong Un regrets meeting Trump
- Did the Vikings ever invade Ireland?
- How do you control the quality of service
- What is the cure for anti-Semitism
- How does NYU compare to Columbia
- Have you regretted eating desserts?
- IELTS Academic is accepted in New Brunswick
- Lost Shivaji in a war
- How did female homosexuality begin?
- Why are special educators important
- What is considered an emotional burden
- What factors influence the story
- Kannada is older than Sanskrit
- What is Kanhaiya Kumar doing these days
- How much does a deposit cost
- Will Northern Ireland achieve independence
- How do American and European police compare
- How are the people in Aalborg, Denmark
- What are the best seductive songs
- How do I get rid of constant boredom
- What is the Latin word for carnivore