Capitalism What does a better capitalist mean
Capitalism: Simply Explained
What is capitalism
"Capitalism" describes an economic and social order. In it, a few people - the entrepreneurs - have the capital. This is the name given to everything that is necessary for the production of goods: money, tools, machines, factory buildings ... What the entrepreneurs do with their capital is up to them themselves. So there are only goods for sale that entrepreneurs offer on their own initiative. Because they want to earn as much as possible, they make exactly the products that many people want to buy. So supply and demand regulate the market.
How long has capitalism existed?
The first capitalist factories were built in the late 18th century, at the beginning of the industrial revolution. The workers have to toil hard in it for little wages. There are still no laws to protect them.
Advantages of capitalism
Kings and princes used to be rich just because of their origins. In capitalism, in principle, everyone can get money - if they have the necessary capital. Because successful entrepreneurs need good ideas, the capitalist economy also promotes inventiveness - and progress, for example in technology and science.
Disadvantages of capitalism
In capitalism, successful entrepreneurs get richer and richer: With the money they earn, they keep buying new machines, tools - or other companies through which they earn even more. Those who have no capital, on the other hand, can often only survive by selling their labor. And the employers pay their workers as little wages as possible. In the worst case, the following applies: Only those who are willing to work hard for a low wage can get a job. And if you get sick or lose your apartment, you can see where you are.
Even if people now often plow in offices instead of factories, the capitalist order has prevailed in many places. In most European countries, however, the state now ensures that companies treat their employees fairly. In Germany, laws regulate working hours and guarantee a minimum wage. In addition, many workers form trade unions: together they are stronger and can negotiate better with employers.#Subjects
- Democracy is a bad idea
- How should you lift a broken finger
- Can Buddhists eat meat?
- What is the right to peaceful assembly
- Offers Elon Musk Internet with Starlink
- Count energy drinks as water
- Why is stone dead
- What is meant by pseudosecular
- INFJs seem aloof
- What does civil society refer to
- Are we humans hosts or parasites
- How big was Beethoven
- Everything that exists is a living being
- What is meant by camp?
- What is the hottest month in San Francisco
- Girls like to be barefoot
- Are humans obligatory omnivores
- Celebrate Independence Day in England
- Where can I sell gold in Bhubaneswar
- Have you ever stopped loving someone
- What makes a brand luxurious
- Isnt Australia is called Oceania
- Can you actually wait for God?
- Why does India need Swachh Bharat Abhiyan