What is AWS VPC Peering
What is VPC Peering?
With Amazon Virtual Private Cloud (Amazon VPC), you can launch AWS resources on a virtual network that you have defined.
A VPC peering connection is a network connection between two VPCs. It enables traffic to be routed between the VPCs using private IPv4 or IPv6 addresses. Instances in each of the VPCs can communicate with each other as if they were on the same network. You can create a VPC peering connection between your own VPCs or with a VPC in a different AWS account. The VPCs can be in different regions (also known as cross-region VPC peering).
AWS uses a VPC's existing infrastructure to create a VPC peering connection. It is neither a gateway nor a VPN connection and the connection is not based on any special physical hardware. There is no single point of failure for communication and no bandwidth bottleneck.
A VPC peering connection helps you make data transfer easier. For example, if you have more than one AWS account, you can use these accounts to peer the VPCs to create a file sharing network. You can also use a VPC peering connection to give other VPCs access to resources that you have in one of your VPCs.
You can set up peering relationships between VPCs within different AWS Regions (called cross-region VPC peering). This allows VPC resources, including EC2 instances, Amazon RDS databases, and Lambda functions, in different AWS regions to communicate with one another using private IP addresses without gateways, VPN connections, or separate network devices. The data traffic remains in the private IP range. All cross-region traffic is encrypted without a single source of error or bandwidth bottlenecks. Traffic remains on the global AWS backbone and is not routed over the public internet to minimize risks such as common exploits and DDoS attacks. Cross-regional VPC peering is a simple and inexpensive way to share resources between regions or to replicate data for geographic redundancy.
For more information, see:
- What is the scientific name of hair
- How is Modi perceived by Muslims
- Why is Melbourne still using trams?
- Is Pakistan safe for Bengali tourists
- How can I make Quora useful again?
- Why is there no world government?
- Does addiction occur gradually or suddenly
- Conspiracy theories are always insane
- When is it okay to die?
- How is Christianity changing China
- What do Europeans think of Native Americans
- What is the best brand of ghee
- How to identify pure ghee-clarified butter
- The 10th standard is important
- How do I get a brokerage account
- Supports the BJP nationalism or globalism
- Why is social SEO important
- What is asymmetrical warfare
- What is easier after the 10th
- Are nonstick utensils safe for cooking?
- How painful is a brain tumor
- What is the name of Prince Harry's wife
- What are your next films 1
- Are Russian women loyal buddies
- Why do people hate Colin Kaepernick
- What is the hydrosphere of the earth
- May the Hulk die
- Can education really eradicate communalism?
- Which Naruto villain actually had a point?
- Is Hiperu a Maori word
- What should Donald Trump's slogan be
- How am I laid
- Can goldfish eat tropical fish food
- When did Cynthia Lennon die?