What are the rules for football goalkeepers
The rules of the International Football Association Board (IFAB) state that there is an indirect free kick if the goalkeeper controls the ball “with his hand / arm for more than six seconds before releasing it”: but why barely holds it a goalkeeper to this rule?
This is due to the origin of the regulation. During the 1982 World Cup, goalkeepers were allowed to hold the ball in their hands for a very long time and even put it down, only to pick it up again afterwards. In the following years, the IFAB decided to speed up the game and set the six-second rule for it. Without a fixed time, the way of playing would probably not have changed. Today the referees are taught not to interpret this rule so strictly. An indirect free kick in the penalty area should only be imposed if the keeper obviously wants to buy time with his behavior. If he is looking for a point of reference, the six seconds should only serve as a guide.
On the 14th matchday of the 2014/15 season, the TV channel “Sky” measured the time that the goalkeepers spent with the ball in hand. In nine games, 121 actions were recorded in which the goalkeeper had the ball in hand and in a total of 60 actions, the permitted six seconds were exceeded. This meant that an indirect free kick should have been imposed in 50 percent of the cases. Bayern's Manuel Neuer and then Gladbach goalkeeper Yann Sommer were the only ones on this match day who did not break the rule. (yk)
0 Discuss now
- Is democracy safe in West Bengal?
- What kind of monsoons does India have
- How can I start a teleradiology company
- Who founded the word of faith in churches?
- Can communism promote innovation?
- What's the latest on Alzheimer's dementia
- What makes a dialect the standard
- Indians are the greatest hypocrites in the world
- Why has society become so terrible
- Why is autism rarely diagnosed in adults
- Is it worth learning Chinese in Europe?
- How did Tony Stark build Iron Man
- What classical composers wrote sad music
- What is the best alternative to Wistia
- What is 3M's moat, if anything
- What exactly does the term culture mean?
- Which Naruto villain actually had a point?
- Is Trump a liberal moderator
- What is WhatsApp University in India
- Does socialism keep people poor? Why
- How would you improve Canada
- India has cities
- How can I think positively in everything
- Are Kannada and Konkani derived from Marathi